Join Class 8 University at Wil-Trans
Receive real-world experience driving over-the-road while obtaining your CDL.
Spend your first week working with our CDL instructors at one of our Wil-Trans Training Centers. You will earn your permit within 2-3 days. You will spend the rest of the week learning the skills you need to continue your training, before heading out over-the-road with a professional CDL instructor for a one-on-one, real-world training experience. Within 2-4 weeks, you will come back to Springfield, Missouri or Missoula, Montana to take your CDL exam and to get your Class-A CDL license. Once you have your license, you hit the road with a trainer and work towards getting your own truck!
Obtain CDL Permit
- Enter program, study and test for Missouri or Montana CDL permit. Students who come with their CDL permit have a 2-3 day head start.
- Start driving/training at the Wil-Trans Training Center.
- Work toward 40,000 training dispatched miles.
- Receive $200/week advance for living expenses while you train to get your CDL. Advances will be paid back with future earnings.
- Train with a professional CDL instructor for 3-4 weeks in a real-world environment.
- Get 75 hours (minimum) of behind-the-wheel time with a one-on-one student/instructor ratio.
- Receive 10,000 mile credit toward your 40,000 miles needed.
- Pass final state Class-A CDL exam in Springfield, Missouri or Missoula, Montana.
Pass Final CDL Skills Test
- Complete additional 30,000 miles toward 40,000 mile minimum to complete the training program.
- Start out as a C-seat company driver trainee earning $600 per week guaranteed or 12¢ per mile (whichever is greater) for 10,000 miles.
- Upgrade to a B-seat company driver trainee earning $700 per week guaranteed or 14¢ per mile (whichever is greater) for 20,000 miles.
- Attend Onboarding in Springfield, Missouri or Missoula, Montana.
- Pass upgrade skills test and get into your own truck.
- Earn 40¢ per mile solo or split 44¢ per mile team as a company driver – or, lease a truck.
Have you obtained your CDL from another school?
If you have obtained your CDL from an outside school, you will be evaluated and may be able to go straight into our Onboarding class, and then head out with a trainer for a total of 40,000 miles.
We are clearly driven. Come along for the ride.
Call a recruiter today if you want to learn more about joining the Wil-Trans family.